Bugs!

The spider I photographed after leaving I job I assistied at with Rachel Smith. It was at the very swanky Gaylord Hotel at The National Harbor in D.C. On the way to the parking garage, I saw this guy with his prime spot right above the light. We both had to unpack our gear and get a few shots of him. Please feel free to click on any of the images for a bigger view. (Especially the firefly shots further down! They were much smaller than the spider!)




This little guy had a web set up right next to him.







The firefly pictures I just took last night. Felix was more than happy to join me in my efforts to photograph them. I don't have a decent macro lens in my collection yet, but my 50mm worked great in the dimming light.
Felix with a firefly in her hair.






She really wanted me to get a picture of one spreading it's wings, and after a few tries I managed to get one.






I also happened upon a private moment between two fireflies in the process of making more fireflies.





Felix is a firefly-catching master!

That little yellow blob slightly left of center and behind the branch was a firefly.

Felix is being trailed by a firefly as well.







Comments

Popular Posts