Tubin'!

This was our second time inner tubing down the Gunpowder Falls River in Monkton. I was determined to have a camera this time, so I looked into buying a wateproof camera, but didn't have a lot of funds to put into it. So I ended up buying the Snap Sights SS01 waterproof camera. It cost me all of about 20 dollars, and that's including shipping and handling. It is a 35mm film camera, so I had the opportunity to finally use the last 2 rolls of film that have been sitting in my fridge for the past 4 years or so. It is not the best quality camera, but it does the trick and I think it was definately worth the 20 bucks I sank into it!



This is my husband in his overalls and with his homemade waterproof guitar. It actually kind of worked.

My daughter under the bridge which is the starting point. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to get the finishing point, even though it's only a couple of miles away.

Shelby floats alongside me for a little bit.

Break time. From left to right, Jake, Shelby, Keith, and Tammy.
Jason floats along in a Superman pose.

Felix floats down the stream ahead of me.

Ian goes floating by.

After a while, people get separated and float in little groups or by themselves. The order is constantly changing as people get caught in different currents. For a while, I drifted along on my own, enjoying the ride.



Here's a shot with the camera half in and half out of the water. Shelby can be seen afloat in the distance.



I loved the different colors from the tree, foliage and sky reflecting into the water here.

This was a picture I took with the camera completely submerged, but facing up into the sky instead of down at the bottom of the river.

Jake clings tenaciously to some branches.

Felix looks comfortable.

I was the first of our group to the end of the ride. This is the last shot I took, from the bridge above the river.

Comments

Popular Posts