William Nicholson

A sunny Fall day, a talented musician, and a VW bus...the perfect ingredients for a photography road trip!

I'm not sure how I got to be so lucky, but I always seem to be surrounded by incredible musicians and artists in my life, and William is just one of the latest I have met. We were introduced at Vorshtein, Sidney's local annual music fest, by Dave Desiro, who you may remember from a couple of posts down. The idea behind the road trip was for William to show some of the favorite places he goes for peace and quiet to compose his songs. The first place we went was this field, where he enacted the beginning of the Sound of Music for me.

The hills are alive.... :) (Yes, I just used an emoticon in my blog post...totally worth it!)

I love the light and the way William's flinging his hair in the shot above.

Driving along....


Our next stop was Labrador Hollow, an Onondaga County park with a dock where did a few poses and listened to William play a couple of songs. (I love listening to music while I work!)

On the way to Tinkers Falls, (which is coming up shortly) I made William pull off onto this path to get this shot.

Don't worry; no musicians were harmed during the making of this photograph. The bus was not in motion!

Next stop...Tinkers Falls, which was absolutely beautiful. It's easy to see how this can be an inspiring spot for any artist.


After Tinkers Falls, we had a race on our hands to see if we could find a place to take advantage of the beautiful golden light that comes before sunset.


While were not able to find a barn drenched in golden light, we did come across this old cemetery in Pompey, which served just fine. While we were there, William informed me that cemeteries were the first state parks where people used to go to have picnics. I found it very interesting since I love strolling through old cemeteries and anyone who knows me knows I have quite a collection of cemetery pictures.


Lastly, we just stopped at a couple of roadside spots that looked interesting in the fading light.


This last shot was William's idea; he said this is a common sight on some of his many road trips...fixing up the bus. A perfect finish for a perfect day! You can see more of William on his website, http://williamsongs.com/ and you can also find him all over youtube!

Below is a slideshow with some more of my images.

My daughter, (and assistant) Felix Serafini also took some pictures that day. Here is a slideshow of some of her work.

Comments

  1. Thank you! It was one of the most fun photo sessions I've ever had. I've wanted to do a photo road trip for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts