Supermoon Eve

I unfortunately did not get any pictures of the moon just coming up on the evening of the supermoon, which was what I really wanted, but I was on the road and missed the opportunity. I still wanted to try and get some pictures of the moon while it was at it closest perigee in its orbit around the earth, but wasn't exactly pleased with the results. Sure, technically they were all right, but they weren't particularly moving. So I decided to change my strategy and took some pictures of the moon reflecting in a nearby pond.
My first picture is the basic run-of-the-mill moon in the clouds shot. Pretty, but uninspiring in my opinion. I had more fun playing around with the moon's reflection in the shots below.


The next two below are the same shot with different editing. While the second one is more true to what I was seeing at night, I had enough information to lighten it up and see more detail. In fact, if you zoom in, you can see a couple of frogs peeking out of the water. I couldn't see them that night, but I could definitely hear them singing the whole time! I wonder if this is what night looks like to a cat, with their superior night vision and all.

And last but not least, my favorite shot of the night, with my husband as model. As a portrait photographer, I never feel like my pictures are complete without a person in them!

Comments

Popular Posts