Places I Like--Parkview Deli

This is the next chapter of my "Places I Like" project. To learn more about my motivations for this project, you can read about it here. First off, let me say that there is NOTHING I don't love about the Parkview Deli. This is one of my absolute favorite places to go in my neck of the woods. Located on State Highway 7 in Unadilla, it has been run by Rob and Tricia Bell for about 3 years. Not only is the food great, but Rob has really made the place his own with his unique decor and amazing art. Right next door is his studio, also known as the Twisted Art Company. You can go in and gaze upon finished art as well as works in progress. What Rob can do with old oil cans, driftwood, kitchen utensils, and machine parts is nothing short of awesome! Just see for yourself!

                                             Old-timey gas pumps adorn the entrance.


                                                 Along with an old-timey Coke machine.





A lawn gnome stands guard in the doorway, offering pencils so you can  make your mark on the wall in the studio.


Cheese fries indeed!








While I was exploring the deli with my camera, my daughter ordered a turkey sub. I personally like the Heart Attack Sub: it consists of 3 eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage and ham on a 12" sub roll. There is also a sub called The American. It has special sauce, turkey, marinated grilled chicken breast, bacon and swiss. One day my husband asked for a combination of the two, and the American Heart Attack was born. And it was splendid.


I have to say that I  have a HUGE appreciation for the books provided in the dining area. Reading and eating are two of my favorite things to do, and I often do them together.


                                                    And hot sauce! Oh the choices!





Not only can you order a fantastic lunch, breakfast, or dinner at the Parkview Deli, but there are plenty of snacks, drinks, specialty sauces, ketchups and hot sauces for sale in the store.








I managed to catch the artist at work in his studio, putting scales on a new fish sculpture. Fish feature strongly in much of his art.


                                  Is that airplane not one of the coolest things you've ever seen?














      So if you find yourself in the area of Unadilla or Sidney, check this place out. It's awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts