Places I Like--NIna's

So my next favorite place in my personal Places I Like project is Nina's-Oneonta's Italian Grill. Located at 299 Main Street in Oneonta, the food is made fresh and features some fantastic dishes...I can attest to that! Karen and Dave opened up in September 2013 and gave the place a wonderful makeover. Fresh paint, a revamped bar, and new decor all contribute to the cozy atmosphere of this awesome restaurant!





What I love in particular is that the art is provided by Karen herself, who is an incredibly talented photographer, and her daughter Lily, a young master of mixed media!





            I love, love, LOVE Lily's birds on a wire drawing! I absolutely adore the one little red bird!


One thing that grabs my attention in any place are all the little details that fill the area. I love the personality these little details imbue to a space.
 

                                        For example, I'm quite obsessed with this hutch!







                                          And the one little plant at the end of the bar....



                          Mason jar light-covers in front of some of Nina's smaller patrons artwork!







                                             Some old-school adding machines at the bar.



      And can I say that the little chairs and tables for Nina's younger customers are the definition of cute?



                                                      And let's not forget the food....


             While I was there I sampled the Buffalo Wing pizza shown above, and it was delicious!
They also have grilled pizza, which I urge you to try if you find yourself in Nina's. Another one of my favorites are the fried mozzarella rounds, and yes, they do fit perfectly on a burger! Not only do they feature excellent pizza, burgers and fries, but you can also choose from a variety of salads and pastas. AND they have a Seconds menu available from 4PM to close which has Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Marsala, Salmon Piccata, Vegetarian Polenta Lasagna, and more! I still have many dishes to try on my future visits, and I look forward to every one! You can also check out their facebook page for various specials and new foods.


And last but not least, we have a picture of the amazing Lily, who found this 4 leaf clover outside of Nina's shortly before they opened. Good luck indeed!



Comments

Popular Posts