Sam + Angela

I'd like to preface this blog post with a little story. I, of course, spend many hours after a wedding sequestered in my office editing photos. Every now and then, my husband will make an appearance to give me news, or ask a question, or sometimes just to say hi. Every time he came in to speak to me while I was working on Sam and Angela's photos, he would stumble upon me working on a particularly goofy, fun photo, and after the third time this happened, he said, "This must have been the most fun wedding ever." Well, I don't like to make statements like that, because all of my weddings are fun (since I have the best clients ever!) but I certainly won't deny it in this case either. The girls definitely had me cracking up the whole time we were getting ready, and I can only imagine the fun Jessi must have been having with the guys. One of my favorite things to capture in a photograph is genuine laughter, and there was that in abundance! Angela had told me ahead of time that she was very keen on lighting, and she chose the Holy Cross Church in Dewitt to get married in with beautiful light shining through huge stained glass windows. And the reception venue, The Carriage Barn at Frog Pond, was gorgeous as well,with lots of lovely places to photograph. Jessi and I had a blast photographing your big day; congratulations, Angela and Sam!

Second Photographer: Jessi Bonaventura

















 


















































 


















So this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen as a wedding favor; Angela explained to me that she and Sam spent much of their relationship watching movies, so they named each plant after a character in a movie that they had seen together. I recognized quite a few! 


And they had an ice cream soda fountain station! What more could you ask for? 

















I won't repeat the comment that elicited this reaction, but rest assured, it was funny. 























Seriously, how cute are these two? 






























Angela's sister, Julia, told a fantastic story during the toasts; a while back, Angela had Lasik surgery and was still loopy from the anesthesia when she got home. Apparently, she had told Julia that she wanted her to sing a song from the Disney movie, Hercules, at her wedding. At the time, Angela wasn't even engaged, which makes it a hundred times funnier. So Julia, didn't forget. She led the bridesmaids in a rousing rendition of "I Won't Say I'm In Love," from Hercules.



































Angela's sister, Julia, made the lovely cakes. 


















Venues: Ceremony,  Holy Cross Church in DeWitt, NY.
Reception, The Carriage Barn at Frog Pond, Skaneateles, NY
Officiant: Rev. John Kurgan
Band/DJ: The Noisy Boys
Angela's Dress: BHLDN
Men's Suspenders: BowTieLoveInc on Etsy
Wedding Rings: Averie Art & Jewelry on Etsy
Cake: Julia Freeman
Tent: Upstate Party Rental 
Flowers: Flowers were oredered through Bloomingmore, and Angela's mother put together the bouquets.
Catering: Balloons Restaurant & Catering
Limo: American Limousine


Comments

Popular Posts