Dustin + Katrina

I got to work with Dustin and Katrina in the winter when we did their engagement session. It's no exaggeration to say that their wedding day was the exact opposite of that cold snowy day! As the sun shone overhead, they exchanged vows in front of their lovely pond stocked with goldfish. Covid has forced many people to change their plans, and in a lot of cases, their entire wedding date. Katrina and Dustin obviously had to make sacrifices of their own to make their day happen. Their guest list was cut dramatically, the venue changed to their home, and instead of their original caterer they opted for a food truck. Despite the changes, their day was just as beautiful as it could be, filled with love and joy. 
During the first dance we started to hear the first rumblings of thunder. I heard people around start to say "It's Woody checking in." Woody is Dustin's father, who sadly passed away last year. He was very well known and loved in the community, and I can fully believe that the light rain that cooled down the heat followed by a beautiful rainbow were his contribution to his son's wedding. While I lost many weddings this year due to Covid, I am extremely grateful to the few I do have, and I count myself lucky to have been able to work with Dustin and Katrina. I had so much fun and I recognized a lot of faces as this was one of my local weddings. It was fun getting to party with y'all! Congratulations, Katrina and Dustin! 

















Who doesn't need one of these?! 
W





















































I could not get over these adorable cupcakes! 









Barkin' in the rain...







You know it's a party when your shoes end up in a tree...



Flowers: Cheryle Bishop
Hair: Stephanie from Rewind Salon, Schenectady
Makeup: Amanda McCarthy
Officiant: Pastor Frank Maccracken
Men's outfits: Macy's 
Katrina's Dress: Rainbow's End, Oneonta
Bridesmaid's Dresses: David's Bridal
Wedding Rings: Katrina, Neil Lane Dustin, Manly Bands
DJ: Joe McLaughlin

Katrina would like to acknowledge her sister-in-law, Tara Ritchko, for planning, organization, and lending from Saranac Brewery

Comments

Popular Posts