Joe + Caty

 First off, I wanted to start this post by saying I LOVE winter weddings. I love seeing winter themes come into play with all the elements of a wedding day. That being said, I still wasn't prepared for how awesome the decor looked during Joe and Caty's ceremony. Caty had told me ahead of time what they were planning on doing, and (much to my appreciation) asked my advice for how best to light themselves during the ceremony to make their plans come to life. Even knowing what she was planning, I was still floored when I walked in there and saw the finished product. Candles, lanterns, Christmas lights, and bare branches turned the space into a magical winter wonderland. Joe and Caty, who have been together since high school, exchanged their vows with tears and laughter in the beautiful, soft illumination. The other unique thing about this wedding was the fact that we had a GORGEOUS day in December to work with. No snow, and the grass was still green! As much as I do love snow pics, it made the formals super quick and easy, not to mention warm! 

Before the ceremony, Joe and Caty were going to have a first look. The thing that Joe didn't know was that Caty's brother-in-law, Colby, was going to be taking her place! I (and everyone else) about died when I saw him in his dress and shawl! 

Not only was I there early enough to get a lot of getting ready and behind the scenes shots, but I was able to witness both Caty and Joe's friends and family working hard to make the day perfect. From the cooking to set-up, everyone came together and got it done right! It was a pleasure to be there for your day, Caty and Joe. Congratulations! 





















































































































This shot looks totally posed, but I really just took it when she was running around and playing with her grandmother before we did formals! That face! 


























































Hair: Sammie Dunham
Makeup: Michelle Brown Beauty
Food, Centerpieces, and Decoration (and cookies!) were all provided and set up by Caty and Joe's families.
Bridesmaids' Dresses: David's Bridal
Joe and Groomsmens' Attire: Men's Wearhouse
Officiant: Haywood Edwards
Bride and Bridesmaid's shoes were decorated by Caty's cousin and bridesmaid, Justine.
Videography: I.G. Films













Comments

Popular Posts