Nate + Danika: August Wedding at Miles of Love

 Every wedding I photograph is special to me. I get to be a part of one of the most important days in a person's life. I get to meet so many people and watch the joy, excitement and love of not just a couple entering into a lifelong partnership, but their closest friends and family as well. I see all of the interactions, and jokes, and hugs; the silly dancing and speeches--so yes, every wedding is special to me. But it's even more special when it's your friends that you are photographing, because I've seen this relationship from the very start. From the cast of the Wedding Singer play where Nate and Danika were the lead roles (and first met!), to kayaking down the Susquehanna, to late night backyard fires, I've seen them through the ups and downs, and the joys and the sorrows that come with any relationship. I know what they've been through, and how much love they have for each other. So it was with great joy that I got to be the one to document their big day. 

They chose Miles of Love in McDononogh, NY as their venue, and I instantly fell in love with the charming atmosphere. The gardens, farm animals, fun decor and the barn all ensure plenty of photographic opportunity! And the owners were an absolute pleasure to work with. I loved the soft color palette, and Danika did a beautiful job with the centerpieces and decorations. Plus, they had one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen, (pics below!) and a booze canoe! 

It was especially fun working with the wedding party, because I knew most of them (including my husband, who was a bridesdude!) and I knew they'd be down for anything. There was an amazing energy the whole night, and as a guest as well as photographer, I was able to hang out with old friends and get to know some new people as well. I even danced with the lively crowd a little, but I had the cameras, so no embarrassing pictures of me, ha ha! The night ended with fireworks, and I don't think I could have ended the night with a more perfect picture. Congratulations, Nate and Danika! 


Special thanks to my daughter, Felix Serafini, who shot photos of the guys getting ready and a few extras angles of the first look for me. 
















Zeus!

Cheers!










































































































































































Venue: Miles of Love 
Tuxes & Danika's Dress: Rainbow's End, Oneonta
Bridesmaid's Dresses: Amazon 
Danika's Wedding Ring: Zales
Nate's Wedding Ring: Lazer Boyz Designs on Etsy
Bridesmaids' Bouquets & Boutonnieres: Ling's Moment
Catering: Cowboy BBQ






























Comments

Popular Posts